Friday, October 1, 2010

Halloween Post: Ghouls Like to Rock, Zombies Like to Roll

I'm going to begin with a list of my favorite October/Halloween songs from over the years. I bet my readers have some they would like to share.
* "asterisk" denotes that I've heard it on Dr. Demento (I miss that show)




"Dinner With Drac part 1" - Zacherley

"Blood Bank Blues" - Bobby "Boris" Pickett

"Sisiter Stomp" - Bobby "Boris" Pickett

"Man With The Weird Beard" - Arthur Godfrey *
(When I heard this back in'95 I was all WTF?)

"I Want My Baby Back" - Jimmy Cross*
(most people are put off by this teen tragedy spoof)

"Haunted House" - Ray Noble & His New Mayfair Orchestra

"Haunted House"- Jumpin' Gene Simmons
(Not Gene Simmons from KISS, This one was a country singer ;) )


"It Was A Monster's Holiday"- Buck Owens*
(Good Buddy you may get me, but brother lemme tell ya yer gonna
hafta catch me first)

"Headless Horseman" - Kay Starr
(this was a remake of the Bing Crosby version from " The Adventures of
Ichabod And Mr. Toad" [1949])

"Tammy" - Spike Jones (featuring Paul Frees)

"Monster Mash Party" - Bobby "Boris" Pickett

"Bella's Bash" - Bobby "Boris" Pickett
(I like how Bela is Misspelled as Bella, so the bash must be
for a beautiful woman :) )
"My Old Flame" Spike Jones (featuring Paul Frees)*

That's all I can think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fenwright Manor on Blogspot

The Haunted Library